Principles of Percepton Quiz
This script will automatically check your answers for you.
Test your knowledge of Gestalt principles.
2. The perception that any two overlapping figures is seen as one laying atop the other
3. The mind sees what as being smaller than they actually are?
4. Using Web-safe colors on your website might not help your audience if they are...
using Netscape Navigator
using voice-recognition software
5. Cluttered or busy presentations can be less effective than simple ones because...
an overload of stimulus can distract attention from the message
Freudian learning overwhelms your audience
Common Fate is reduced
color perception is saturated
6. Animals rely on their coloration to hide because
the mind detects relative magnitudes of stimulus rather than the absolute magnitude
new stimulus is presented
spots and stripes blend with shadows
7. Razzle-dazzle camouflage breaks up a boat's...
8. What famous artist is known for studies in figure/ground?
9. If you are you color blind...?
food doesn't taste as good
your parents were color blind
you ate too much fish
patterns of colored spots can detect it
10. Why does a zebra have stripes?
to hide in the grass from lions
to blend into a crowd of other zebras
to identify themselves to other zebras
all of the above